Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Pin Wheel Flower

Hi, Everyone! Janice here to apologize for the late post on this lovely Monday morning and to show you how I created a super fun, washi tape pin wheel flower!  :)

Here's a picture of the pin wheel flower I made:


I started off with a flower die cut (Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Four) and covered it all over with different LMT washi tapes folding the  overhanging pieces over and to the back. (Sorry, I forgot to take a before pic of the flower without the center in place!)

Next, I created the center most part of the pin wheel by hot gluing a couple of buttons onto a flat head pin.

Then, using my piercing tool, I poked a hole through the straw I had chosen to be the stick part of the pin wheel.

 Then, I added some hot glue to a pony bead and slid the center part right through it (using a pair of tweezers as not to get burned).

I pushed the bead right up to the straw but made sure it didn't adhere to the straw in order for it to spin freely.


Finally, I snipped the head pin excess and put another dab of hot glue to cover the point.


And that's it!

Here's a little clip of me spinning the pin wheel.  :)

 Once again, I apologize for the late post but hopefully you enjoyed this little washi tape flower pin wheel tutorial!

Have a fabulous day!

Janice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!