Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Mixing Washi Tapes with Stamps

Happy Friday, friends!  Missy here with you today to share a page I made combining LMT washi tapes with lots of stamping.  How often do you stamp on your layouts?  I love doing it on almost all of my pages recently.  I have found that stamping adds that little "extra" to my pages, and when I add strips of washi into the mix, it creates such a neat look.

I know this is May, and here I've posted a Christmas page...haha!  I wanted to finish up my holiday photos so I could get them into an album.  This type of layout also uses hardly any patterned paper.  I used some strips from some scrap papers I had left over from a stack that I bought over two years ago!  Once I added in the various washi tapes and stamps, you wouldn't even know there is minimal paper involved.
 

Another good (and fun) thing about this style is a lot of it is just random.  Stamp in random places, throw down some washi in other places...you really can't mess it up!


Another close up of the layered washi and stamping.


Buttons always add a nice touch, too :)


I hope this inspires you to give the "messy" look a try...get out those stamps and some washi tape and just start creating layers.  You'll be surprised by how fast and easy it is...and you can add in different colored inks as well to give more pops of color.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout---great idea! Now I know how I'll use all my tapes.
    i received my goodies yesterday. Thanks sooooooooo much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout and great tips and idea for creating layout

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!