Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Washi Canvas

Hello everyone, today I have a fun little mixed media canvas to share with you!

The first thing I did was cover the entire canvas (5x5) with Wood Grain Washi tape.  Once I had all the Washi tape on the canvas I added a coating of Ranger's Matte Multi Medium to seal it.  I did a little stamping around the edges for some extra texture. 

With the background of my canvas ready I rummaged around my table (which is a total mess...LOL) for scraps.  I found this piece of cardboard which I had cut a heart out of for another project and decided it was perfect.  Inside the heart I added more Wahsi tape, and some of Ranger's Crackle Accents.


I added a layer of paper and Newsprint Fabric Sheet behind the cardboard heart, then a few more strips of Washi tape, a saying and called it done!

This was a fun little project to make, and I got to use up a few scraps while I was at it!

I hope this has given you a new idea how to use up all that beautiful Washi Tape!


Supplies:


1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic idea Lisa!! Love the BG you made with the washi tape. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

We love your feedback! Thank you for letting us know what you think!